- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine polenta
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup of pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped or 2 pickled green chillies, chopped
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Murray River flake salt
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) crèmefraîche
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1⁄2 tsp Tabasco jalapeño hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 185°C. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and add olives, capsicum, spring onions, chilli, grated cheese and add a pinch of Murray River flake salt.
In another bowl whisk the milk, eggs, crèmefraîche, melted butter and Tabasco jalapeño sauce. Carefully mix into the dry ingredients. Place the mixture in a greased or lined loaf tin or 20cm-square cake tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until the bread has risen and is firm to the touch. Cool slightly and serve warm buttered slices.
Simon’s Smashing Pumpkin Dip
- 2 cups pumpkin skin removed, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125g lite cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Simon Gault Home Cuisine Indian seasoning
- A pinch of Murray River flake salt
Preheat oven to 190°C. Place the pumpkin onto a roasting tray and drizzle the oil over it. Place into the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until very soft.
Remove from the oven, place into a food processor then add the cream cheese, Simon Gault Home Cuisine Indian seasoning and a pinch of flake salt. Purée until smooth, check the flavour and if you want a stronger Indian flavor simply add more seasoning to your liking.
Moroccan Deluxe Nut Dukkah
- 100g Alison’s Pantry Deluxe Mixed Nuts (cashew, brazil, pecan, almond)
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Simon Gault Home Cuisine Moroccan seasoning
Dry roast the nuts and sesame seeds in the oven at 180°C for 5 minutes. (If you’re in a rush the dukkah will still taste great without roasting the nuts.) Allow to cool a bit then transfer to a food processor and blend with the Simon Gault Home Cuisine Moroccan seasoning to a chunky crumb. Serve with my Olive Cornbread or crusty bread and extra virgin olive oil.