This is a really refreshing cold soup. It’s an easy quick dish that can last in the fridge for a couple of days. Great for that last minute lunch and to give you that ‘superfood’ boost. You can substitute the curly kale for 1/4 of a bunch of coriander instead.
- 3 Cucumbers, Peeled and Deseeded
- 1 Spring Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Curly Kale Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp of Simon Gault Home Cuisine Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Bunch of Coriander
- 2 Pinches of Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Greek Yoghurt
- 10 Drops Of Jalapeño Tabasco
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt, for Garnish
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roughly chop the cucumber, spring onion and garlic and place into a blender along with the curly kale. Mix the hot water and Simon Gault Home Cuisine vegetable stock concentrate together and add to the blender and blend. Add coriander, cumin, salt, Greek yoghurt and jalapeño Tabasco. Blend for four minutes or until silky smooth. Pour into a jug and refrigerate for an over an hour or until ready to serve.
Divide the soup between bowls and garnish the top of the soup with a teaspoon of Greek yoghurt, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a grind of black pepper.